Tuesday, April 5, 2011

4/4/11


Ok, well i have just got to get this out, So to start off my glorious day today, we parked on the wrong side of the road last night, and didnt move our car before 10 this morning so we got hit with a $40 parking ticket!! NO MANCHES!!! totally ruined my morning, we were like 3 minutes late to moving it too. UGH!!! oh well :) this weekend was just amazing, and i am having a really hard time typing in english after being around so much spanish this past week, especially the past couple of days!!

Conference was absolutely amazing!! If you all missed the theme, from what i took out of it, it was The importance of the Sacrament, Sabbath Day observance, Families, and the Temple. Could life be more perfect? I submit that it cannot!!! It was just like the missionaries said it would be, the super bowl of the mission! I have never been so excited to listen to el profeta y los apostoles! It was absolutely increible!! I loved how, well now i cant remember who said it, but one of them talked about being an example at all times, in all things, in all places. All we have to do is Open Our Mouths and the spirit will guide us to the people that he has already prepared. In DyC 84:85 it describes this. It is so true!! i have had so many experiences with that, just random people who i see on the streets, just go up to them and just start talking! If you dont ask, the answer will already be NO! It is so true!! So, family and friends, be an example at all times, in all things, and in all places. You never know who is watching you, and you never know who could say Yes. I love how President Monson talked about the temples, and how important it is NOW to start preparing to be worthy to enter into the temple. I sure do miss the temple, it will sure be a great day though when i can go again! The sacredness and the spirit i feel in the temple is something i will never forget. It is my favorite place to go. I would take advice from President Monsons council to put a picture of a temple in every room of the house. THis really will help get our minds prepared for the Goal.

SO that was just a little bit of what i got out of it, i was able to watch it in SPANISH!! It was so awesome! I like spanish more, because it describes things so much easier, and, i dont know it just sounds more deep, more spiritual! It is crazy that i can understand it period in spanish! That is the miracle of it all!! But i have really been working hard to get this lenguaje down! I was told this week by my district leader that my spanish is as good as someone who has been out a year. I just use it as more motivation to learn more!! I am now learning a bunch of dialects as well and how to use different sentences in different sturctures, and say things easier. It is coming very fast! The gift of tongues is real!! I would like some spanish CDs! If you have any idea where to get some, or if you could send out some of the church music in spanish, that would be awesome! ALong with the EFY CDs! And if you could somehow get the scripture mastery cards in spanish, that would be awesome! Im working on memorizing the articulos de fe and the scripture masteries! I am taking advantage of what elder Uchtdorf said, after much tribulation comes the blessings!! SO i am pushing myself even harder now!! So the priesthood session started at 8 here, so we didnt get in our house till 10:45! Hahah the only time we will be able to stay out past 9:30!! It was so cool!! :)

This week, we also had Zone Conference, and Zone Training. What an amazing spiritual boost those two days were for me! I learned so much and all the questions that i had prepared in my mind, were all answered :) It is amazing what spiritual preparation can do! Just like ELder Bednar talked about!! We really focused on the importance of teaching people, not lessons. This is so important to be an effective teacher, and also it is so important to listen with love. Often times, we are talking to people and they are explaining their struggles and concerns, but we are too busy thinking about what we want to say back, that we miss that opportunidad to learn what their problems are. I had a very strong testimony of this. It is so important to gain the trust of the people that we teach, and with spanish people, its not really that hard, because they are already expressing their entire life to us as we walk in the door, which is nice, but that is so important! TRUST! I have learned the importance of this and how i wish i would have learned it earlier, and not had my dishonesty problems in my life, but now i know that the lord was just preparing me. Always live worthy of the trust of those that are close to you. They also focused on being on a Higher Standard as missionaries. Raising the Bar even higher. So we are doing it! It is bringing blessings as well!

This week, we will be having the baptism of Jonny Zavala! It will be this saturday and his uncle Mahonry will be performing the baptism! I am so exctied for him! He and isaak are alredy really good friends, and isaak will be passing the sacrament this week for the first time along with Florencio! Oh, florencio will be moving out to texas at the end of this month, he is going to be living with his brother, and his brother actually wants to be baptized, so that will be a great missionary opportunity for him! And this week, we found a new golden! His name is Julio Ortega and we taught him the Restauracion and i invited him to be baptized and he said yes!! His date is set for the 14 de Mayo along with adelphy and her daughters! Elia is progressing very well, and asked me yesterday if i would baptize her! Im so excited as is she! She just wants to get baptized now, but we havent taught her all that she needs to know yet! Heck she is already at Jacob en el Libro de Mormon! She is so strong and so prepared!! I love this gospel so much and i love being able to be the lords mouthpiece in this area! I really hope i stay one more transfer here!!

Oh!! So saturday, i totally got a wire hanger and unlocked a persons car door to get their keys out this week!! It was so cool!! Elder Bingham and i are just Giants!! I love my companion!! He is so legit for sure!! Well, i think that is everything for this week. I hope you all take time to re-read the talks when they come out. It will be awesome to re read the words of the profetas. I have such a burning desire to share the gospel, and i know that i am here to help gather israel for the coming of out savior. DO all you can to prepare now. DOnt wait. You never know when he is coming, and what is going to be in store. Be an example to everyone. And please, do the simple things, pray read and go to church. I love you all, i am so greatful for your support and love, and hope that all is well! SPencer, you are going to tear it up in south africa! Good job bud!!

Elder Gallego

No comments:

Post a Comment