Monday, August 8, 2011

8/8/11

Hey familia!! que lo que hay?! man!! I just love thi area!!! We had to say goodbye to elder cook last night, man he is going to be a best friend for life thats for sure!! I dont think ive ever laughed so hard with 2 guys in my entire life!! 3 weeks with him was awesome!!! I hope you all meet him!! So now its just la bandita (elder de leon and i) here!! We are still giddy and happy as ever, teaching and doing what we should!! I love it!! Well i got something planned for this letter so i hope you all like it!!!
 
10 things to do!!
 
First, obedience. This is the first law of heaven. As soon as we as people understand this principle, God will stop asking his servants to remind us of it! When obedience ceases to be an irritant and becomes our quest, at that moment, God will endow us with power. Not every one of my companions has had a huge desire to be obedient while we were together. I myself often willfully rebelled against the laws of God and man in my teenage years. These are the most importante years that you are now going through. I know through the power of the spirit of god that the only happiness is in obedience.
 
Second, Honesty. It is better to be trusted than to be loved.
 
Third, Gratitude. Thankfullness is saying it. Gratitude is living it.
 
Fourth, Faith. We cannot repent, nor can any other miracle be wrought, except by faith in christ.
 
Fifth, Hope. Things will work out.
 
Sixth, Charity. We will do nothing that will help us recieve salvation without charity.
 
Seventh, Humility. A man determined to float on his own strength, is doomed to sink.
 
Eighth, Diligence. The greatest secret of work, is Work!
 
Ninth, Virtue. The spirit will not dwell in a temple which is not being treated like Gods.
 
Tenth, Animo. A spanish word. It means to have excitement! A fire within! Only christ can light that fire!!
 
I know that many of us may think that we are just doing ok, but why wait to do better!! Its ok to be different, in a good way!! Its ok to say that we are members of the only true church on the face of the earth. Its ok that people laugh at us, and say things. In the end, we know who will be sitting on the right hand of God! Be one of those. WIthout these traits, we cant get there. I love you all so much! Thank you for all of your prayers and support on my behalf, and all of your love!! I love oyu all!!! Siga FUERTE!!
 
ANIMO!!!!!
 
Elder Gallego

No comments:

Post a Comment