Monday, August 22, 2011

8/22/11

Holy hannah!!! haha i still cant stop laughing at all that has happened this week!! Well, i got a call on saturday night, and president asked me to train!!! Man i am so excited for the opportunity to see a brand new missionary!! I always get all geeked up when i think, or talk about my trainer, and my experience as a new missionary!! I know that the lord has put a lot of confidence in me, and i know that with him, i will be able to have great success with my new companion!!

So this week was just nuts. A lot of things happened, and man did i learn a ton! First of all, we found 5 new investigators to teach this week, exactly what we needed, and i go along with tylers testimony of specific prayers and how they bring specific blessings!! I know that to be true and have seen it so much in my mission! We have really been working with a lot of the less actives, and trying to get them to understand how important it is for us to do what we need to now in order to live with our father in heaven! I know that the plan of salvacion is only posible through the cleansing power of the atonement of jesucristo!

Talking about cleaning, man!! It rained, and i mean rained every day here, got soaked EVERY DAY!! it was so awesome, the people here look at us like we are crazy walking around in the rain haha, i havent had time to buy an umbrella, and i honestly dont care! im doing the work of the lord!! Nothing will stop us!! I also found out how horrible i am at teaching in english this week, ahaha man!! it totally just comes in my head in spanish, and i have to translate all of it in a couple of seconds, it is just so hard, so anyone have any tips? haha

This week, i also got pooped on, yes a stinkin bird laid one right on my left hand, i just thought that it was a raindrop that had dropped from the power line, and it was, just a bird poop!!!! haha my comp was laughing so hard at me, and it was not funny at all!! I had to go wipe it on someones grass, and it was just totally hilarious. Man, reminded me of when nyal got pooped on at school, ahaha but he got it all over his head!!! :) love ya nyal! ;)

We have been making great progression with our investigators, hoping to have 3 baptized this sunday!! Pray hard!! I know that maximo and karmen will get baptized, and she is waiting for him to ask her, but he says that she needs to change some little things that bother him, so we basically just told him that you wont really recieve a witness until after the trial of your faith, and so we will see what happens there. I bore powerful testimony to him of the change that ocurred in my family, and how you just have to put all your trust in the lord, and he will bless you!! it will hopefully work out!!

Ok so highlight of the week, Elder Rasband, the president of the presidents of the seventies, came to our stake to speak to us, and we had an opportunity to meet him and talk for a bit, man he is such an amazing testimony of jesucristo!! he speaks a little bit of spanish, haha it was fun talkking to him. He really focused on the prophets focus of rescuing the members. It is so importtante that the members help the missionaries in this. Every baptism and re-activation of a member or investigator that i have had in my mision have all come from the help of the members!! You guys are what help us be great missionaries!! SO always be willing to look for those who need help.

During the stake conference yesterday, I got to translate!!!! yeah!! Man i made a few errors, but holy cow i know that the lord was with me there, it would have been much easier if i had a copy of their talks, but that didnt happens. SO i had to go off of what i has hearing and i realized that we talk really fast in english!! It was really difficult for me to listen with my left ear and try to translate from english to spanish in a matter of miliseconds!!! But it was so much fun!!! They said that i did really well!! I am going to work on it more frequently now, because i know that it a good tool to know how to do in life!! Elder Rasband and the stake leaders really focused on the importance of the temple!! The groundbreaking is the 13th of september, and we might be able to go!! i am so excited!! so we will see!!

Anyways, that was my crazy week, i know the church is true, and that seriously, if you want blessings, just follow the commandments!! Its not hard to obey the commandments! Just need to have a greater desire to do good rather than do evil! I love you all!!!

Elder Gallego

No comments:

Post a Comment