Wednesday, November 3, 2010

November 3, 2010 - 2nd Email Home!

Hola mi familia!!!

So this is my second week and it feels as if it has been just one long day! haha all the days here just blend together bc nothing really different happens! but i will tell you all that i can in the time that i have!!

SO alyssa and mom, i sure hope you all have gotten my letters i have sent 3 home and they have been with a letter to everyone and this most recent one i sent out on mon with pictures and responses to the letters in the package! i loved it! sis maxwell sent me a halloween package as well so i was overloaded on candy! the other elders have helped clear it out though! i still have some more damage to do though!! The davis family sent me some bomb homeade choc. chip cookies and i need their address to write them back! Could you send that out to me?! and dad, my credit card bill is dure the 9th of this month if you could make that minimum payment on it that would be great!! thanks!

So this week there has really been a lot to talk about...# of the elders in my zone left on thursday and it was pretty tough. The whole zone sang god be with you till we meet again in spanish and were screaming it!! i video taped it and i will be sending it home with some other funny videos and more pictures this week so get excited!! they are stinkin hilarious videos!! Another favor, i need you to grab the suit that trevor gave me its in your closet dad, and take it to pomeroys, have them fit the pants to my waist size and have them send it to me i need another suit the winter dress code is in effect and im sick of wearing the same 2 suits. so if you could do that for me that would be great!! also i need to have some clear contacts sent to me before i go to Philly. I will need to wear my sunglasses cuz of the glare and my glasses wont work for that so let me know what you can do!

How are you feeling mom? I have been worried about it all week and i fasted on friday. me and 5 other elders, 3 of who were my zone leaders that left yesterday to bolivia! so that was a bummer too! i feel so close to everyone here like we are all family and it is absolutely amazing how the spirit brings people closer in a matter of weeks!! How is grandpa doing? let me know about that surgery and everything! Dad you took a plane that is awesome!! hope all goes well with you in san fran and i heard the giants won the world series that is sweet! Mom be safe in tucson and let grandma and grandpa know i love and miss them!

so to mission updates...Today i get to go to the temple, my favorite place on earth!! Every P-day we get to go and last week was amazing!! I have never been so struck by the spirit!! The house of the lord is truly an amazing place and i am so glad that i can go every week to remind myself of the blessings and covenants i have made!

Some scriptures that i have learned to love are D&C 135. Read it. Joseph smiths testimony is so very stong!! i am so glad he did what he did bc i wouldnt be here if it werent for his faith and his testimony and his diligence in wanting to know what church was true. I know that he was called of god and that he did all he could to make sure he did what the father had asked him to do. What a great man he was, and i cant wait to meet him!! i know without a doubt this gospel is true!!

This past saturday was my first TRC experience! We get to basically teach lessons to members that are really good at acting like investigators in spanish and my companion and i did amazing!! We basically baptized an already baptized member! The spirit taught through me what i should say and share with the investigator. In spanish a little but mostly in english. This next week hopefully is in all spanish!! The spirit is real, and i have learned to just really not focus on teaching lessons, but teaching investigatores. Adapting to their needs is what gets the spirit to really be in full force!! I have learned to really just go in there, ask questions, and go from there on the answers that they need and slowly move into how it relates to the gospel and how this true church, the only true church on the earth today, has an answer to all questions. Through the spirit and the testifying of my words is how i know i will be successful as a missionary!

M. Russell Ballard came and spoke to us last night and really focused on being in tune with the spirit. About an hour before that i had the opportunity to give one of the sister missionaries in my district a blessing with oil. What an experience that was. I wish i remembered what i said but i know that the power of the priesthood is real. She was healed of her sickness she has had for over a week right when the blessing ended. I testify that when we use the priesthood worthily and have faith, Heavenly Father will bless us. Never be afraid to ask for a blessing. I have realized even more the power that i have as a missionary. The devotional was strickly about being in tune with the spirit and knowing that if we have faith it will always lead us in the right direction, especially in communicating with the people we come in contact to. It was an amazing experience to hear those words after giving the blessing. Definately a great experience for me.

I know without a doubt this church is true. I know that i have been called by god to carry out this great work, and that through my diligencia i will be a very powerful misionerio in the lords work. I love this gospel with all my heart and i cant wait to get to Philly. The people there are waiting for my testimony and i know that i have been called by god to serve there. I love you all my family and friends and i am so greatful for the support, prayers, love, and drive that you give me. it truly strengthens my testimony everyday. Prayer is real, and the power of the priesthood is real. The gospel is true. till we meet again

elder g

No comments:

Post a Comment